Saturday 2 June 2012

Red Wagon, Vancouver


You Had Me At Hello
I had to venture across the bridge, and past the railway tracks for this beauty but the way my friend was buzzing about it I had to give it a try! Tucked away in east Hastings, Vancouver is Red Wagon. I feel as though a true hipster started up this place. I was greeted at the door by a sign with a Hipster joke on it and another sign that teased me with pulled pork pancakes. Slightly out of my comfort zone but hey I'll try anything once. There was a bit of a line up but I maybe only waited 10 minutes. (get there before 1pm is gets busier after that) The staff were extremely nice and cheery! Decor was simple. The waitress told us about the $5 mimosa special as soon as we sat down. SOLD!




 

My friend and I couldn't decide between two items so we decided to share. We ordered the pulled pork pancakes, which was drizzled with Jack Daniels syrup, and the Pastrami Hash, with two poached eggs, and coated in a grainy Dijon hollandaise sauce. These dishes did not fail my taste buds!



Mimosa

Pulled Pork Pancakes

Pastrami Hash

Yum!
I would have to say I was very pleased with the food! The service was fantastic, and the prices were more than fair for the portion sizes.

My attempt of eating everything: fail



 The Break Down:
2296 East Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V5L 1V4
Prices: $7-13 per dish
Patio: No
Wait: 20-45 mins
Parking: 2h parking, and meter
Saturday [Brunch]
9am to 4pm
Sunday [Brunch]
9am to 4pm
Rating: 9 






No comments:

Post a Comment